Surgical Center Information
Details of how we care for your pet.
In our continuing efforts to offer the highest quality veterinary medicine, Adobe Pet Hospital is pleased to provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients in Livermore, CA, and surrounding areas. From routine surgical procedures, such as spaying and neutering, to more complex surgeries, we look forward to the opportunity to care for your pet’s surgical needs.
Our staff is highly skilled in performing veterinary surgeries and will make every effort to ensure that your pet receives the very best care. Our focus on patient safety, pain management, and employing the most current surgical practices is designed to exceed your expectations and put your concerns to rest. Our staff of compassionate, caring professionals will monitor your pet before, during, and after surgery and will take exceptional care to ensure a safe and complete recovery for your pet. We will also address any questions or concerns you may have about surgery, including concerns about anesthesia, pain management, or postoperative care.
When your pet is ready to go home, we will review your postoperative care and medication instructions. If any questions arise after your pet returns home or at any other time during the postoperative period, call us. We welcome your questions and will do all we can to help your pet recover fully. Help is only a phone call away.
Surgery can be a source of anxiety and stress for many pet owners. Maybe you worry about whether your pet will be well cared for, or perhaps you have concerns about adequate precautions and monitoring. Let us address your concerns.
Veterinary Medical-Surgical Facility
Dedicated to Caring for Pets Who are Part of the Family
The Adobe Pet Hospital is unlike any other pet hospital in many ways. First and foremost is our highly trained, dedicated, and caring staff of animal lovers! All the technology in the world can’t take the place of a reassuring word, hug, or a pat on the head for your pet.
We promise the following:
- Uncompromising commitment to patient comfort and safety
- Aggressive, proactive pain management protocols, before, during, and after surgeries as well as at home
- Kindness and compassion for our patients and their families
- Adherence to the highest standards set by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- Taking the time to thoroughly examine your pet and explain our findings. Appointments scheduled for a minimum of 20 minutes
- Making sure you are informed and educated regarding your pet’s health status to help you make the best medical decisions for your pet
- Unmatched Wellness and Geriatric care – our Junior and Senior Wellness Blood Panels have been published twice in a national veterinary journal as examples of “Best Medicine” for other hospitals
- Individualized vaccination schedules custom-tailored to your pet’s age, health status, risk, and lifestyle in accordance with AVMA, AAHA, and UC Davis guidelines
- Intestinal Parasite, Heartworm, and Flea Prevention – we protect the pet AND the family from “zoonotic” (pet to human) parasites
Surgical and dental procedures at the Adobe Pet Hospital are also special and unique:
- Pre-anesthetic blood panel, ECG, heart and lung monitoring, IV catheter, and fluids for all surgery patients under gas anesthesia
- Complete in-house laboratory for accurate CBCs and Blood Gas analysis
- Sevoflurane and Isoflurane gas anesthesia with special adaptors for even the smallest patients
- Warmed surgery table and warmed post-op blankets in recovery
- Dental procedures are performed to the highest standards set by AAHA. All dental cleanings are done under inhalant gas anesthesia with pre-op blood workup, EKG, IV catheter and fluids, charting, ultrasonic scaling, polishing, fluoride and sealant treatments, and dental X-rays if needed
- High-speed dental drill with fiber optic light, nerve blocks, and aggressive post-op pain control for extractions
The Adobe Pet Hospital maintains a close association with the best Board Certified Orthopedic and Soft Tissue Surgery Specialists in the Bay Area. We are always happy to assist you with a referral should your pet require specialized care.
We are proud to have been serving the Tri-Valley since 1980.
Whether your pet needs minor surgery or a complex procedure, call us at (925) 449-4228. Let’s discuss how our surgical services can benefit your pet.